Sean P. Reynolds earned his Juris Doctor degree from Thomas Jefferson School of Law in 2006 completing the program in 2.5 years. In 2007, after passing the bar on his first attempt, his bar essays were published by the California State Bar as model answers. Mr. Reynolds soon thereafter joined the largest plaintiffs’ securities litigation firms in the nation. After determining securities was not his passion, Mr. Reynolds joined one of the largest intellectual property litigation firms in the nation. After dissatisfaction with his ability to meaningfully participate in large national cases at that firm, he joined Balestreri, Pendleton & Potocki focusing his attention on construction and business related issues. After defending numerous large business and multi-home construction defect litigation suits, Mr. Reynolds joined a national insurance company serving as coverage counsel and rewriting its Commercial General Liability insurance policies. Later, Mr. Reynolds served as that carrier’s in-house counsel and then defense counsel for all California claims.
In 2011, Mr. Reynolds founded US Construction Law. Mr. Reynolds currently represents developers, subcontractors and business owners on construction and related business claims.
Mr. Reynolds experience in a broad array of matters including:
- Representing developers, general contractors, and subcontractors in construction related litigation including construction defects including pre-litigation procedures of SB800 process;
- Representation of builder in complex multi-party pre-litigation and litigation of high-rise condominium towers and single family homes;
- Defense of builders in design and engineering of soils in contractual binding arbitration;
- Transactional work for general corporate counsel in drafting and negotiating contracts/ subcontracts;
- Other complex claims involving contract disputes, products liability, transportation and other general civil litigation involving multiple million dollar exposure;
- Defense of general contractors arising in connection with claims of personal injury from premises liability;
- Representation of clients in real estate, property ownership and leasing, and general contract matters;
- Representation on claims of nondisclosure, rescission and, easement and boundary disputes;
- Defense of engineering and design professionals relative to landslides, slope failures, subsurface failures and architectural design;
- Resolution of claims of wage and hour and wrongful termination in the construction industry;
- Contractual disputes in insurance coverage, indemnification and additional insured status;
- Analysis of insurance coverage and multi-carrier additional insurance coverage.
- Mr. Reynolds has published on a variety of topics to a wide array of audiences including Lorman Educational Services AIA Contract Seminars
Mr. Reynolds is active in a number of professional organizations including:
State Bar of California (Admitted 2007)
U.S. District Court, Southern District of California (Admitted 2007)
California Bar Association
San Diego County Bar Association
San Diego Defense Lawyers
Defense Research Institute
American Bar Association